Jose Ramirez on his way to Olympic qualification
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Central Valley teenager Jose Ramirez is on the verge of representing the red, white and blue at the Olympics this summer.
The 19-year-old boxer from Avenal is the reigning national champion in the lightweight division, but he needed two wins this week to earn his ticket to London.
Jose Ramirez got the first of those wins Monday with a late knockout in a last-chance qualifying tournament. Wednesday, he'll face a Canadian contender, with his Olympic berth on the line.
avenal, kings county, sports, corin hoggard
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD shooting
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say 46 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Electricity problems hit Fresno Co. Sheriff's Office
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident
- Accuweather Forecast
13 min ago
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs,...
49 min ago
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
28 min ago