Jose Ramirez on his way to Olympic qualification
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Central Valley teenager Jose Ramirez is on the verge of representing the red, white and blue at the Olympics this summer.
The 19-year-old boxer from Avenal is the reigning national champion in the lightweight division, but he needed two wins this week to earn his ticket to London.
Jose Ramirez got the first of those wins Monday with a late knockout in a last-chance qualifying tournament. Wednesday, he'll face a Canadian contender, with his Olympic berth on the line.
avenal, kings county, sports, corin hoggard
- Man kills home invasion suspect with a sword 53 min ago
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus 36 min ago
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
- Car crashes into a parade injuring around 60 people
- Conn. commuter train crash injures more than 60
- Brush fire in Southern California scorches 575 acres
- Pastor caught watching child porn at Disney World
- Clovis resident whose car was used in police chase talks
- Fresno foster youth overcomes adversity to graduate
- Eyewitness to Visalia OIS describes what he saw
- Frontier Airlines returns to Fresno
- Good Sports: Bulldogs in the Kitchen
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos