AMGEN Tour of California Stage 4 wraps up
CLOVIS, Calif. (KFSN) -- Thousands of people filled the streets of Old Town Clovis Wednesday, as cyclists ended a 130 mile journey in the Amgen Tour of California.
Clovis hosted the finish during stage four of the race and many showed up early to get their spot along the race route, some as early as 5 a.m. The city also hosted a full day of activities leading up to the finish.
Stage four took riders from Sonora, Mariposa, and Oakhurst& and riders climbed to 3600 feet before they made their way onto the Valley floor.
In the end, Peter Sagan took home the Amgen Leader Jersey. It's the 22-year-old's fourth straight in the 2012 Tour of California.
clovis, fresno county, mariposa county, mariposa, oakhurst, sports
- 700 Carstens Fire evacuees will be allowed home
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Cancer killed serial killer Richard Ramirez
- Fresno family's dream comes true
- Grapes become Fresno County's 1st billion dollar crop
- Starbucks to post calorie counts for drinks
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members