AMGEN Tour of California Stage 4 wraps up
CLOVIS, Calif. (KFSN) -- Thousands of people filled the streets of Old Town Clovis Wednesday, as cyclists ended a 130 mile journey in the Amgen Tour of California.
Clovis hosted the finish during stage four of the race and many showed up early to get their spot along the race route, some as early as 5 a.m. The city also hosted a full day of activities leading up to the finish.
Stage four took riders from Sonora, Mariposa, and Oakhurst& and riders climbed to 3600 feet before they made their way onto the Valley floor.
In the end, Peter Sagan took home the Amgen Leader Jersey. It's the 22-year-old's fourth straight in the 2012 Tour of California.
clovis, fresno county, mariposa county, mariposa, oakhurst, sports
- Perez and Barrera found guilty of 1st degree murder
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water use
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos