AMGEN Tour of California Stage 4 wraps up
CLOVIS, Calif. (KFSN) -- Thousands of people filled the streets of Old Town Clovis Wednesday, as cyclists ended a 130 mile journey in the Amgen Tour of California.
Clovis hosted the finish during stage four of the race and many showed up early to get their spot along the race route, some as early as 5 a.m. The city also hosted a full day of activities leading up to the finish.
Stage four took riders from Sonora, Mariposa, and Oakhurst& and riders climbed to 3600 feet before they made their way onto the Valley floor.
In the end, Peter Sagan took home the Amgen Leader Jersey. It's the 22-year-old's fourth straight in the 2012 Tour of California.
clovis, fresno county, mariposa county, mariposa, oakhurst, sports
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- Fresno State to play USC Las Vegas Bowl
- New Jersey restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Avatars helping athletes
- Costly headphone disappoints
- 2 arrested in Tulare Co for allegedly shooting man several times
- 4 displaced after Central Fresno house fire
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Rain could pose threat to Valley orange crops
- Toys for Tots Marathon Weekend 2013
- Low elevation snow catches some off guard
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004