AMGEN Tour of California Stage 4 wraps up
CLOVIS, Calif. (KFSN) -- Thousands of people filled the streets of Old Town Clovis Wednesday, as cyclists ended a 130 mile journey in the Amgen Tour of California.
Clovis hosted the finish during stage four of the race and many showed up early to get their spot along the race route, some as early as 5 a.m. The city also hosted a full day of activities leading up to the finish.
Stage four took riders from Sonora, Mariposa, and Oakhurst& and riders climbed to 3600 feet before they made their way onto the Valley floor.
In the end, Peter Sagan took home the Amgen Leader Jersey. It's the 22-year-old's fourth straight in the 2012 Tour of California.
clovis, fresno county, mariposa county, mariposa, oakhurst, sports
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed 34 min ago
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs
- Video: Take a tour of the 'smartphone home'
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident