Fresno State eliminated from NCAA Tournament
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Yesterday it was Pepperdine blowing a 4-0 lead in the ninth inning, allowing Stanford to score five runs for an improbable 5-4 win.
But today it was the Waves flipping the script of Fresno State.
Diamond Dogs jumped out to a 2-0 lead in the second inning when Central grad Jordan Brink brought home Austin Wynns with the RBI single.
Then in the fifth inning, bases loaded for Kenny Wise, but there weren't loaded for long
The clutch gapper to right center scores three, Diamond dogs sittin' pretty up 5-0.
But the wheels would fall off in the top of the ninth. Starter Cody Kendall still pitching allowed a bases loaded walk.
Trent Garrison relieves him and gives up a RB single to make it 5-4.
Pepperdine's Matt Forgatch would deliver the fatal blow to the Bulldogs season. The grand slam over the wall in left was a no doubter that capped Pepperdine's six-run ninth inning.
It's Fresno State suffering an epic final-inning collapse to fall to the waves 8-5.
After all the elimination-game success this season it's almost unbelievable that this kind of comeback would happen to the Bulldogs.
Fresno state ends its season at 31-and-28.
fresno state bulldogs, fresno state baseball, sports, david bataller
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder 33 min ago
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 2-year-old shot in the thigh in Atwater
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room fight
- 3 men die in sauna after drinking at Christmas party
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Teen shot on Third St. and Kadota Ave in Atwater
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos