Fresno State eliminated from NCAA Tournament
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Yesterday it was Pepperdine blowing a 4-0 lead in the ninth inning, allowing Stanford to score five runs for an improbable 5-4 win.
But today it was the Waves flipping the script of Fresno State.
Diamond Dogs jumped out to a 2-0 lead in the second inning when Central grad Jordan Brink brought home Austin Wynns with the RBI single.
Then in the fifth inning, bases loaded for Kenny Wise, but there weren't loaded for long
The clutch gapper to right center scores three, Diamond dogs sittin' pretty up 5-0.
But the wheels would fall off in the top of the ninth. Starter Cody Kendall still pitching allowed a bases loaded walk.
Trent Garrison relieves him and gives up a RB single to make it 5-4.
Pepperdine's Matt Forgatch would deliver the fatal blow to the Bulldogs season. The grand slam over the wall in left was a no doubter that capped Pepperdine's six-run ninth inning.
It's Fresno State suffering an epic final-inning collapse to fall to the waves 8-5.
After all the elimination-game success this season it's almost unbelievable that this kind of comeback would happen to the Bulldogs.
Fresno state ends its season at 31-and-28.
fresno state bulldogs, fresno state baseball, sports, david bataller
- Pedestrian killed in Highway 99 hit and run crash
- Massage parlor shutdown after tips of prostitution
- Trial wrapping up for ex-Clovis cop Kyle Pennington
- Man killed in rollover crash near Selma
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- Tentative order in fight over Fresno water rate hikes
- HS rumor played role in Dinuba sexual battery case
- Fresno man gets prison in fatal hit-and-run crash
- New Adopt-a-Tree Program at Two Sisters U-Pick Apricots
- New effort to honor Hmong veterans
- Counting down to the Clovis Rodeo
- Fresno Co won't change Williamson Act tax standards
- Firefighters preparing for fire season at Lost Lake Park
- Suspect injures Fresno Police dog, officers say