Fresno State eliminated from NCAA Tournament
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Yesterday it was Pepperdine blowing a 4-0 lead in the ninth inning, allowing Stanford to score five runs for an improbable 5-4 win.
But today it was the Waves flipping the script of Fresno State.
Diamond Dogs jumped out to a 2-0 lead in the second inning when Central grad Jordan Brink brought home Austin Wynns with the RBI single.
Then in the fifth inning, bases loaded for Kenny Wise, but there weren't loaded for long
The clutch gapper to right center scores three, Diamond dogs sittin' pretty up 5-0.
But the wheels would fall off in the top of the ninth. Starter Cody Kendall still pitching allowed a bases loaded walk.
Trent Garrison relieves him and gives up a RB single to make it 5-4.
Pepperdine's Matt Forgatch would deliver the fatal blow to the Bulldogs season. The grand slam over the wall in left was a no doubter that capped Pepperdine's six-run ninth inning.
It's Fresno State suffering an epic final-inning collapse to fall to the waves 8-5.
After all the elimination-game success this season it's almost unbelievable that this kind of comeback would happen to the Bulldogs.
Fresno state ends its season at 31-and-28.
fresno state bulldogs, fresno state baseball, sports, david bataller
- 700 Carstens Fire evacuees will be allowed home
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Cancer killed serial killer Richard Ramirez
- Fresno family's dream comes true
- Grapes become Fresno County's 1st billion dollar crop
- Starbucks to post calorie counts for drinks
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members