Fresno State Honors Retiring Softball Coach Wright
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno State honored one of the greatest living coaches ever, regardless of sport, at Sunday's celebration of retiring softball coach Margie Wright's career.
Hundreds braved mid-90 degree heat at Bulldog Diamond to listen to 17 guest speakers that ranged from former players, to administrators, to community figures. Each one spoke of Margie Wright's immense impact on their lives, and in women's athletics. Coach wright, in typical fashion, was humbled by the display.
fresno state, sports, david bataller
- 2 dead after ferry sinks off South Korean coast
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Riverdale man is the newest lottery millionaire
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Woman says Covered California "saved her life"
- Action News talks with Mrs. California
- Disaster relief for cattle ranchers
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Memorial in place for fallen Merced police officers
- Moment of silence marks Boston Marathon bombings
- Overturned beer truck causes havoc during morning commute
- US backs Ukraine military action in east region