Fresno State Honors Retiring Softball Coach Wright
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno State honored one of the greatest living coaches ever, regardless of sport, at Sunday's celebration of retiring softball coach Margie Wright's career.
Hundreds braved mid-90 degree heat at Bulldog Diamond to listen to 17 guest speakers that ranged from former players, to administrators, to community figures. Each one spoke of Margie Wright's immense impact on their lives, and in women's athletics. Coach wright, in typical fashion, was humbled by the display.
fresno state, sports, david bataller
- Lilly 2 fire in Yosemite Lakes burns one home
- El Tapatio fire prompts two business to evacuate in Fresno
- Fresno Police open fire on suspect after bike chase
- Hundreds of UC Merced students receive their degrees
- Firebaugh man kills home invasion suspect with a sword
- Investigators look into Merced house fire
- California Classic Weekend half marathon
- Visalia PD cracks down on underage drinking
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball!
- Tornado-ravaged Texas town to start recovery
- Castaic-area brush fire fully contained
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos