Grizzlies' Christian called up by Giants
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Fresno Grizzlies will be without one of their leaders for at least the next couple of weeks after outfielder Justin Christian was called up by the Giants Friday.
Christian's value to the team can be summed up with one highlight: A diving catch at the warning track in late May. It was the last out of a close game at Albuquerque, and preserved the Grizzlies win.
Christian was looked to for hustle plays and provided some pop at the plate, batting .364 with seven home runs this year with Fresno.
Christian is taking Aubrey Huff's spot on the roster, after Huff was placed on the disabled list today.
fresno grizzlies, sports
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested 6 min ago
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno 30 min ago
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car 44 min ago
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- Near drownings on the rise
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor...
6 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos