Grizzlies' Christian called up by Giants
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Fresno Grizzlies will be without one of their leaders for at least the next couple of weeks after outfielder Justin Christian was called up by the Giants Friday.
Christian's value to the team can be summed up with one highlight: A diving catch at the warning track in late May. It was the last out of a close game at Albuquerque, and preserved the Grizzlies win.
Christian was looked to for hustle plays and provided some pop at the plate, batting .364 with seven home runs this year with Fresno.
Christian is taking Aubrey Huff's spot on the roster, after Huff was placed on the disabled list today.
fresno grizzlies, sports
- One person killed in Fresno County crash 12 min ago
- 16-year-old survives in wheel well of Maui flight
- Marathon tragedy inspires woman to help save lives
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate SoCal hospital attacks
- Sikh community celebrates Vaisakhi in Caruthers
- Grim work for families as more bodies discovered
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al-Qaida training camps
- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- 7,000 Easter eggs rain down from helicopter
- Health Watch: 5 clues to Alzheimer's
- Consumer Reports evaluates top toilet papers
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates