Grizzlies' Christian called up by Giants
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Fresno Grizzlies will be without one of their leaders for at least the next couple of weeks after outfielder Justin Christian was called up by the Giants Friday.
Christian's value to the team can be summed up with one highlight: A diving catch at the warning track in late May. It was the last out of a close game at Albuquerque, and preserved the Grizzlies win.
Christian was looked to for hustle plays and provided some pop at the plate, batting .364 with seven home runs this year with Fresno.
Christian is taking Aubrey Huff's spot on the roster, after Huff was placed on the disabled list today.
fresno grizzlies, sports
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Wood burning contributes to bad air quality in the Valley
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos