Grizzlies' Christian called up by Giants
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Fresno Grizzlies will be without one of their leaders for at least the next couple of weeks after outfielder Justin Christian was called up by the Giants Friday.
Christian's value to the team can be summed up with one highlight: A diving catch at the warning track in late May. It was the last out of a close game at Albuquerque, and preserved the Grizzlies win.
Christian was looked to for hustle plays and provided some pop at the plate, batting .364 with seven home runs this year with Fresno.
Christian is taking Aubrey Huff's spot on the roster, after Huff was placed on the disabled list today.
fresno grizzlies, sports
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
- Conn. commuter train crash injures more than 60 25 min ago
- Brush fire in Southern California scorches 575 acres 25 min ago
- Pastor caught watching child porn at Disney World
- Clovis resident whose car was used in police chase talks
- Fresno foster youth overcomes adversity to graduate
- Eyewitness to Visalia OIS describes what he saw
- Frontier Airlines returns to Fresno
- Good Sports: Bulldogs in the Kitchen
- Grass fire contained in Fresno County
- Made in the Valley: Top O' The Morn Farms
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos