David Keller leaves Bulldog football program
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- San Joaquin Memorial graduate David Keller's family told Action News that the offensive lineman will not play for Fresno State this season, and has left the program just one week before the season opener.
That means Fresno State will have to walk down the ramp at Bulldog Stadium without its most heralded recruit. According to his family, Keller asked for a release from his scholarship in May, but was denied by Fresno State athletic director Thomas Boeh.
The Keller family says they wish Fresno State the best, but it just wasn't the right situation for David.
Head coach Tim DeRuyter told Action News before today's scrimmage that he's shocked at the news, especially because he hasn't heard it from Keller himself.
fresno state bulldogs, fresno state football, sports, david bataller
- I-5 over the Grapevine and HWY 58 closed due to snow
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather
- History of snow in Fresno and Porterville
- Madera man accused of murder faces unique circumstances
- Good Sports: Coach Mark Rogers
- Red Wave Gets To See Carr One Last Time
- Tips to keep cars running during cold weather
- Three missing Dinuba children found safe