David Keller leaves Bulldog football program
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- San Joaquin Memorial graduate David Keller's family told Action News that the offensive lineman will not play for Fresno State this season, and has left the program just one week before the season opener.
That means Fresno State will have to walk down the ramp at Bulldog Stadium without its most heralded recruit. According to his family, Keller asked for a release from his scholarship in May, but was denied by Fresno State athletic director Thomas Boeh.
The Keller family says they wish Fresno State the best, but it just wasn't the right situation for David.
Head coach Tim DeRuyter told Action News before today's scrimmage that he's shocked at the news, especially because he hasn't heard it from Keller himself.
fresno state bulldogs, fresno state football, sports, david bataller
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting 49 min ago
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera 24 min ago
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos