Valley athlete wins gold medal in London Paralympics
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Lemoore's Jeff Fabry has captured his elusive gold medal.
Fabry won the archery competition at the Paralympics in London Monday.
It wasn't easy for him either.
He shattered his bow in the semifinals this morning and missed three turns while heading back to the practice area to get his backup.
But he would come back to win the semifinal match.
Fabry beat the defending gold medalist from the Beijing 2008 Paralympic games to win the gold.
After the match Fabry said quote "we came here and did hard work and got the job finished."
Action News Sports Anchor David Bataller profiled Fabry this past summer in our "Good Sports" series.
lemoore, kings county, sports
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting 9 min ago
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard 4 min ago
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- Near drownings on the rise
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals 7 min ago
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved...
16 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos