Valley athlete wins gold medal in London Paralympics
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Lemoore's Jeff Fabry has captured his elusive gold medal.
Fabry won the archery competition at the Paralympics in London Monday.
It wasn't easy for him either.
He shattered his bow in the semifinals this morning and missed three turns while heading back to the practice area to get his backup.
But he would come back to win the semifinal match.
Fabry beat the defending gold medalist from the Beijing 2008 Paralympic games to win the gold.
After the match Fabry said quote "we came here and did hard work and got the job finished."
Action News Sports Anchor David Bataller profiled Fabry this past summer in our "Good Sports" series.
lemoore, kings county, sports
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- Fresno State to play USC Las Vegas Bowl
- New Jersey restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Avatars helping athletes
- Costly headphone disappoints
- 2 arrested in Tulare Co for allegedly shooting man several times
- 4 displaced after Central Fresno house fire
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Rain could pose threat to Valley orange crops
- Toys for Tots Marathon Weekend 2013
- Low elevation snow catches some off guard
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004