Limited TV options for Bulldog game
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fans all set to watch the Fresno State Bulldogs battle the Oregon Ducks on Saturday will find their TV viewing options very limited.
UPDATE: DISH Network has announced has announced it will be carrying the PAC-12 Networks on Channel 413 in the Central Valley.
On Friday the Dogs boarded buses for the opportunity of a lifetime. Fresno State is headed to Eugene to take on the Oregon Ducks. The high octane Ducks are ranked fourth in the country. But some fans may find it difficult to find the big game on TV.
Fresno State associate athletic director Paul Ladwig said the game's only on cable. Ladwig explained, "Obviously we're going to a Pac-12 school so Pac-12 owns the television rights to that broadcast so it's on the Pac-12 network. Right now the only place you can get the Pac-12 network is on Comcast."
The Pac-12 network can be found on Comcast channel 433 or channel 823 on Comcast high definition. On Saturday it was announced that the game can also be found on Channel 413 for DISH Network customers.
Many Bulldog fans planning football parties, like Rick Sierra, are suddenly ready to visit friends who have cable. Sierra said, "Hopefully a neighbor. Hopefully a neighbor will catch it. Hopefully my friend here I'm eating with has it."
Ladwig suggested, "Call all your friends. Go to a friend's house that has Comcast or call your favorite restaurant or watering hole to see if they have Comcast."
Many of the local hot spots where sports fans watch their games, like Dog House Grill and Buffalo Wild Wings, have either Direc TV or Dish Network.
Again, Saturday's game is only available on Comcast and DISH Network. Bulldog fan Evan Azares said, "I say we just go on-line and keep up with the scores and drink some good beers here at Dog House. Can't go wrong with that."
The Pac-12 network is part of Comcast's preferred digital package.
fresno state bulldogs, fresno state football, sports, dale yurong
- Fresno State hires Jaime White as new Women's Basketball Coach 4 min ago
- Two killed in shooting near Exeter
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Job seekers interview for the world's...
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
- Police say 5 dead in Calgary stabbings
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- China's growth slows to 7.4 percent in 1Q
- Bank of America posts loss, hurt by legal expenses