Limited TV options for Bulldog game
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fans all set to watch the Fresno State Bulldogs battle the Oregon Ducks on Saturday will find their TV viewing options very limited.
UPDATE: DISH Network has announced has announced it will be carrying the PAC-12 Networks on Channel 413 in the Central Valley.
On Friday the Dogs boarded buses for the opportunity of a lifetime. Fresno State is headed to Eugene to take on the Oregon Ducks. The high octane Ducks are ranked fourth in the country. But some fans may find it difficult to find the big game on TV.
Fresno State associate athletic director Paul Ladwig said the game's only on cable. Ladwig explained, "Obviously we're going to a Pac-12 school so Pac-12 owns the television rights to that broadcast so it's on the Pac-12 network. Right now the only place you can get the Pac-12 network is on Comcast."
The Pac-12 network can be found on Comcast channel 433 or channel 823 on Comcast high definition. On Saturday it was announced that the game can also be found on Channel 413 for DISH Network customers.
Many Bulldog fans planning football parties, like Rick Sierra, are suddenly ready to visit friends who have cable. Sierra said, "Hopefully a neighbor. Hopefully a neighbor will catch it. Hopefully my friend here I'm eating with has it."
Ladwig suggested, "Call all your friends. Go to a friend's house that has Comcast or call your favorite restaurant or watering hole to see if they have Comcast."
Many of the local hot spots where sports fans watch their games, like Dog House Grill and Buffalo Wild Wings, have either Direc TV or Dish Network.
Again, Saturday's game is only available on Comcast and DISH Network. Bulldog fan Evan Azares said, "I say we just go on-line and keep up with the scores and drink some good beers here at Dog House. Can't go wrong with that."
The Pac-12 network is part of Comcast's preferred digital package.
fresno state bulldogs, fresno state football, sports, dale yurong
- Fresno State to play USC Las Vegas Bowl 13 min ago
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- Low elevation snow catches some off guard
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Man wanted for shooting near Fresno ice rink arrested
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- Highway 41 closed near Tenaya Lodge
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall
- Photos: Winter Wonderland
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park