New-look Lakers open preseason in Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The revamped Lakers open up their preseason Sunday night at Fresno's Save Mart Center, taking on the Golden State Warriors
Star center Dwight Howard is still resting his surgically repaired back, and will not be making his Lakers debut but it didn't stop the big man from winning the Lakers halfcourt shot competition at the end of Sunday's shootaround.
It looked more like a chestpass than a long range shot, but whatever works for Howard.
Lakers fans will see four of the five expected starters in action, led by Kobe Bryant. After the shootaround, Kobe told Action News that starting in Fresno, getting the Lakers' timing down is priority one in the preseason.
fresno, fresno county, fresno northeast, los angeles lakers, sports, david bataller
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos