Visalia native becoming one of the nation's top players
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Visalia native and Nevada Wolfpack running back Stefphon Jefferson is quickly becoming one of the nation's top players.
The El Diamante grad earned his third Mountain West Conference Player of the Week honor after his stellar performance against UNLV last weekend.
#25 rushed for 185 yards and three touchdowns in Nevada's 42-37 win. Jefferson also eclipsed the 1,000 yard mark with that effort -- becoming the first player in the FBS to accomplish that feat.
Stefphon so far this year has 1,140 rushing yards and 14 TD's. He talked to reporters this week about amassing such gaudy stats.
"I mean I'm not a big stat guy right now. I'm just not paying attention to the stats, but I've been hearing that so. It's pretty good you know. It's a great feeling. I mean not a lot of people can say they've done that so I mean it's a great feeling. Just very humbled by it." said Jefferson.
sports, tommy tran
- 18-month-old child dies in Kern County house fire 13 min ago
- Mariposa fire evacuees are heading home
- Brian Calhoun pleads not guilty in student attack
- Fresno City Manager Mark Scott resigns
- Panel restores some pay for California lawmakers, governor
- Natura recalls pet food after salmonella test
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Porterville to vote on gay pride proclamation
- Dave Chappelle is back with new Funny or Die tour
- Cancer killed serial killer Richard Ramirez
- Fresno family's dream comes true
- Grapes become Fresno Co 1st billion dollar crop