Visalia native becoming one of the nation's top players
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Visalia native and Nevada Wolfpack running back Stefphon Jefferson is quickly becoming one of the nation's top players.
The El Diamante grad earned his third Mountain West Conference Player of the Week honor after his stellar performance against UNLV last weekend.
#25 rushed for 185 yards and three touchdowns in Nevada's 42-37 win. Jefferson also eclipsed the 1,000 yard mark with that effort -- becoming the first player in the FBS to accomplish that feat.
Stefphon so far this year has 1,140 rushing yards and 14 TD's. He talked to reporters this week about amassing such gaudy stats.
"I mean I'm not a big stat guy right now. I'm just not paying attention to the stats, but I've been hearing that so. It's pretty good you know. It's a great feeling. I mean not a lot of people can say they've done that so I mean it's a great feeling. Just very humbled by it." said Jefferson.
sports, tommy tran
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Serial college campus sex offender to be released soon
- Toys for Tots warehouse sits empty
- Tips to protect Fido from the freeze
- Freeze threatens unique tropical farm
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- 2 Men accused of firing 40 shots at law enforcement
- Wonder Woman cast for Batman and Superman film
- Autopsy: Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- Bulldog gang members have gun battle with officer
- Fracking: Central Valley boom or nightmare?
- Mexico: Stolen radioactive cobalt box found empty
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades