Visalia native becoming one of the nation's top players
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Visalia native and Nevada Wolfpack running back Stefphon Jefferson is quickly becoming one of the nation's top players.
The El Diamante grad earned his third Mountain West Conference Player of the Week honor after his stellar performance against UNLV last weekend.
#25 rushed for 185 yards and three touchdowns in Nevada's 42-37 win. Jefferson also eclipsed the 1,000 yard mark with that effort -- becoming the first player in the FBS to accomplish that feat.
Stefphon so far this year has 1,140 rushing yards and 14 TD's. He talked to reporters this week about amassing such gaudy stats.
"I mean I'm not a big stat guy right now. I'm just not paying attention to the stats, but I've been hearing that so. It's pretty good you know. It's a great feeling. I mean not a lot of people can say they've done that so I mean it's a great feeling. Just very humbled by it." said Jefferson.
sports, tommy tran
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Photos: 16th-century 'rocket cat' weaponry pictures
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Growers discuss issues at Citrus Showcase
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- George Radanovich to announce he won't run for governor
- Business leaders discuss drought impact
- Fresno man pleads guilty to murdering father
- Free dental care to be offered in Fresno
- Accuweather Forecast
13 min ago