Giants on to World Series with 9-0 win over Cards
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Hunter Pence hit a bizarre, two-run double, Matt Cain pitched his second clincher of October and the San Francisco Giants won their record-tying sixth elimination game of the postseason, beating the defending World Series champion St. Louis Cardinals 9-0 in Game 7 of the NL championship series Monday night.
Marco Scutaro matched an LCS record with 14 hits in the series and Pablo Sandoval drove in a run for his fifth straight game. The Giants returned to the World Series two years after winning it all, getting the final out in a downpour.
The Detroit Tigers, who have been waiting on their opponent since finishing a four-game ALCS sweep of the Yankees last Thursday, get another trip to the Bay Area after clinching the division series in Oakland.
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Search resumes for missing Malaysian jetliner
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting 15 min ago
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea 48 min ago
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- Educators inspiring girls to pursue STEM jobs
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- School running: Keeping kids moving
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals 2 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos