Fresno Grizzlies host free World Series viewing parties
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Fresno Grizzlies are hosting free viewing parties during the World Series, giving fans a unique -- and free -- opportunity to watch the game under the stars. During game one, about two hundred fans gathered at Chukchansi Park to watch the Giants defeat the Tigers.
"Since it's not necessarily easy to get up to the Bay Area and buy them and purchase World Series tickets, this is a great opportunity," said Michael Rivera of Fresno.
For Grizzlies fans, the Giants roster is made up of plenty of familiar faces. That has produced a sense of pride commonly associated with the home team. "I'm so grateful to the Grizzlies to producing these championship teams that they produce. So many of the Giants were Grizzlies once," said Mark Siegel of Fresno.
Grizzlies management is planning on opening up the stadium for up to six games, excluding game three Saturday. "The Fall Wine Cornucopia is always scheduled for this one day. Naturally it falls on game three, Saturday, which is okay... We're here for the other six games," said Chris Kutz.
Game 2 is scheduled for Thursday at 5 p.m.
san francisco giants, fresno grizzlies, sports, amanda perez
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- Fresno State to play USC Las Vegas Bowl
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Rain could pose threat to Valley orange crops
- Toys for Tots Marathon Weekend 2013
- Low elevation snow catches some off guard
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Man wanted for shooting near Fresno ice rink arrested
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- HWY 41 opens near Tenaya Lodge after closed due to snow
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow