Fresno Grizzlies host free World Series viewing parties
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Fresno Grizzlies are hosting free viewing parties during the World Series, giving fans a unique -- and free -- opportunity to watch the game under the stars. During game one, about two hundred fans gathered at Chukchansi Park to watch the Giants defeat the Tigers.
"Since it's not necessarily easy to get up to the Bay Area and buy them and purchase World Series tickets, this is a great opportunity," said Michael Rivera of Fresno.
For Grizzlies fans, the Giants roster is made up of plenty of familiar faces. That has produced a sense of pride commonly associated with the home team. "I'm so grateful to the Grizzlies to producing these championship teams that they produce. So many of the Giants were Grizzlies once," said Mark Siegel of Fresno.
Grizzlies management is planning on opening up the stadium for up to six games, excluding game three Saturday. "The Fall Wine Cornucopia is always scheduled for this one day. Naturally it falls on game three, Saturday, which is okay... We're here for the other six games," said Chris Kutz.
Game 2 is scheduled for Thursday at 5 p.m.
san francisco giants, fresno grizzlies, sports, amanda perez
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- Ukrainians in Fresno react to Crimea vote
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown 34 min ago
- Merced police seek help to catch armed robber 19 min ago
- Fresno State men's basketball to play in CBI tourney 17 min ago
- Child may be to blame for Fresno garage fire
- Clovis sting busts adults buying alcohol for minors
- 2.8-magnitude earthquake hits Coalinga area
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over California
- Magnitude-6.7 quake hits Chile's northern coast
- Authorities probe murder outside Merced apartment
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting boy
- Gut bacteria: The secret weapon to weight loss?