Thousands run in Two Cities Marathon through Fresno and Clovis
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Thousands of runners are recovering tonight after racing through the streets of Northeast Clovis and Fresno today.
The "Two Cities Marathon and Half Marathon" kicked off at 7 a.m. Sunday. The athletes started at Friant, near Audubon -- and ran down the Old Clovis trail, through Downtown Clovis, and back to Northeast Fresno before ending up at Woodward Park.
The full course is 26.2 miles, but runners we spoke with say the joy of finishing makes all the training and pain worthwhile.
"Well it empowers you. It gives you a goal, the journey of training of crossing of the finish line is a journey that changes life for the better," said trainer Jeff Galloway.
Some of the runners said they were planning to race in the New York City Marathon, but came here instead when it was cancelled because of Superstorm Sandy.
Adan Lozano won the overall marathon race with a time of 1:57:48.
fresno, fresno county, clovis, sports
- Perez and Barrera found guilty of 1st degree murder
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital 19 min ago
- Photos: Easter traditions explained
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised 16 min ago
- Yonhap: Captain of sunken SKorean ferry arrested 28 min ago
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water use
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River