Raiders RB Darren McFadden injures leg
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Running back Darren McFadden has left the Oakland Raiders' game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers with a leg injury.
The team says X-rays on McFadden's leg were negative and he will not return.
Oakland's leading rushing went to the locker room late in the second quarter Sunday. It was unclear how he was injured. McFadden finished with seven carries for 17 yards.
The Raiders drafted McFadden fourth overall out of Arkansas in 2008. He has proven to be one of the NFL's most dangerous running backs the past two seasons when healthy.
But the problem for McFadden and the Raiders has been staying on the field. He missed 19 games in his first four seasons with foot, toe, shoulder, knee and hamstring injuries.
oakland raiders, sports
- 700 Carstens Fire evacuees will be allowed home
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Cancer killed serial killer Richard Ramirez
- Fresno family's dream comes true
- Grapes become Fresno County's 1st billion dollar crop
- Starbucks to post calorie counts for drinks
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members