Raiders RB Darren McFadden injures leg
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Running back Darren McFadden has left the Oakland Raiders' game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers with a leg injury.
The team says X-rays on McFadden's leg were negative and he will not return.
Oakland's leading rushing went to the locker room late in the second quarter Sunday. It was unclear how he was injured. McFadden finished with seven carries for 17 yards.
The Raiders drafted McFadden fourth overall out of Arkansas in 2008. He has proven to be one of the NFL's most dangerous running backs the past two seasons when healthy.
But the problem for McFadden and the Raiders has been staying on the field. He missed 19 games in his first four seasons with foot, toe, shoulder, knee and hamstring injuries.
oakland raiders, sports
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD shooting
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say 35 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Electricity problems hit Fresno Co. Sheriff's Office
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident
- Accuweather Forecast
2 min ago
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs,...
38 min ago
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
17 min ago