Raiders RB Darren McFadden injures leg
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Running back Darren McFadden has left the Oakland Raiders' game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers with a leg injury.
The team says X-rays on McFadden's leg were negative and he will not return.
Oakland's leading rushing went to the locker room late in the second quarter Sunday. It was unclear how he was injured. McFadden finished with seven carries for 17 yards.
The Raiders drafted McFadden fourth overall out of Arkansas in 2008. He has proven to be one of the NFL's most dangerous running backs the past two seasons when healthy.
But the problem for McFadden and the Raiders has been staying on the field. He missed 19 games in his first four seasons with foot, toe, shoulder, knee and hamstring injuries.
oakland raiders, sports
- Fatal crash closes Valentine Ave north of Ashlan 17 min ago
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Con man steals millions from elderly 37 min ago
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Photos: 16th-century 'rocket cat' weaponry pictures
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Growers discuss issues at Citrus Showcase
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- George Radanovich to announce he won't run for governor
- Business leaders discuss drought impact