Buster Posey wins NL MVP award
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- San Francisco Giants Catcher Buster Posey won the NL MVP award Thursday afternoon. Posey led the Giants to a NL West Division title and ultimately the World Series in October.
The backstop set career highs with a .336 batting average, 24 homers, and 103 RBIs. The former Fresno Grizzly received 27 out of 32 first place votes.
The 2010 NL Rookie of the year is the first Giant to win the MVP award since Barry Bonds won his record 7th MVP award in 2004.
sports, tommy tran
- Authorities look for missing woman and daughter 28 min ago
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Silent Sleigh and Mandela Controversy
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- US unemployment aid applications surge to 368,000
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam
- Walking Dead actress admits sending ricin to Obama
- Grieving Merced husband and father talks to ABC30
- 3 rescued from Fresno apartment fire
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Farmers markets hit by freeze
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos