'Dogs ready to win MWC title Saturday
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Fresno State Bulldogs went back to practice Tuesday, ready to play for their first conference championship since 1999.
The boys practiced on Jim Sweeney field this afternoon at Bulldog Stadium. If they can beat Air Force on Saturday they assure themselves of at least a share of the Mountain West Conference title.
The 'Dogs have been electrifying at home averaging around 50-points per game and they need the Red Wave to sell out the seats to help them take the trophy home and keep it here in the Central Valley.
"I'm very excited for the opportunity, we're very blessed to be in the position we're in. You know I was a big time Aztec fan, thank goodness they beat Boise. So we got a little help but you know we win this game, no one can ever take that ring away from me so. I'm looking forward to it." said Junior Quarterback Derek Carr.
"I'm extremely proud of our players and our coaches. Our players bought in from day one and our coaches have done a great job motivating our guys, giving them schemes that really fit our players." Said Head Coach Tim DeRuyter.
I also followed his answer with this question.
Tommy Tran asked, "Coach how would you describe how they've handled the bye week and now another week of practice getting ready for Air Force?"
"When you go through 11 straight weeks, your body tends to get beat up a little bit. So having last week as a little bit of a down week to recover a little bit. It's been good for our guys. Had a pep in our step yesterday and we need a good day of practice again today." added DeRuyter.
Game time is set for 12:30PM. Action News Sports Anchor David Bataller will have the highlights and Tommy Tran will have post game reaction on Saturday.
tim deruyter, fresno state bulldogs, fresno state football, sports, tommy tran
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals