After Further Review - Carr to return to Fresno State
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- After further review, it looks like Bulldog quarterback Derek Carr gave the red wave an early Christmas present after leading Fresno State to a Mountain West championship Saturday.
"Well I am coming back next year. We we're going to hold off a little bit but..." said Carr before being interrupted by applause.
So not only does the Bakersfield native throw for 452 yards and four touchdowns in the win over Air Force, but he also makes a commitment to help lead the Bulldog program to even bigger and better things next season. That announcement instantly created whispers of a BCS bowl game invitation and even a Heisman trophy.
I'm not going to go that far, but with his young stable of outstanding receivers, and if the assistant coaching staff turns down prospective job offers in the offseason, those whispers will become much louder come the spring.
fresno state bulldogs, fresno state football, sports, david bataller
- 700 Carstens Fire evacuees will be allowed home
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny 37 min ago
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6 10 min ago
- Sierra Fire near Auberry at 50 percent containment
- Grapes become Fresno County's 1st billion dollar crop
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members
- Car Crashes into a Visalia Chipotle
- Man finds Reedley mother's stolen ashes
- Police identify Central Fresno murder suspect