Central Valley left out of 2013 AMGEN Tour of California
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Officials with the AMGEN Tour of California have announced the annual race will not take place in any Central Valley city next year.
In years past, Clovis, Visalia, Bakersfield and several mountain communities have represented the Central Valley as either a start or finishing stage of the AMGEN Tour of California.
For the first time ever, the route will start south and head north. Some of the key cities include Escondido, Santa Barbara, Avila Beach, San Jose, San Francisco, and And Santa Rosa.
There are a total of twelve stops next year and the race goes from May 12th to the 19th.
amgen tour of california, clovis, visalia, sports, tommy tran
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe