Central Valley left out of 2013 AMGEN Tour of California
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Officials with the AMGEN Tour of California have announced the annual race will not take place in any Central Valley city next year.
In years past, Clovis, Visalia, Bakersfield and several mountain communities have represented the Central Valley as either a start or finishing stage of the AMGEN Tour of California.
For the first time ever, the route will start south and head north. Some of the key cities include Escondido, Santa Barbara, Avila Beach, San Jose, San Francisco, and And Santa Rosa.
There are a total of twelve stops next year and the race goes from May 12th to the 19th.
amgen tour of california, clovis, visalia, sports, tommy tran
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
- Murders, car thefts, robberies up in Visalia other crimes down
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos