Fresno City headed to State Final Four
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Fresno City College Rams volleyball team is comprised of all local talent.
Tuesday night some of the best in the Central Valley went the distance against Sierra College with a trip to the state final four on the line.
FCC started off with a first set win, but then fell two sets to one quickly.
Then after a team meeting outside the gym, the Rams came back to win the fourth set 26-24.
And then they edged the Wolverines 15-13 to win in dramatic fashion.
FCC will now travel to Fullerton College where it will play in the state final four.
"We just talked about how they wanted to finish their season. Are they going to leave it all on the line? We knew we were 13 deep all year long. We prided ourselves on the depth of this team and how every player comes in here committed every day at practice and we needed all 13 of them tonight to pull it out." said head coach Tracy Ainger-Schulte.
"We just, we had to be selfless. The entire match and I think that 2nd and 3rd match we became individuals and then at the end we had to realize, alright we started together and we need to end this together." added Clovis East grad Mckenzie Buchanan.
sports, tommy tran
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe 27 min ago
- Authorities investigate a shooting in Chowchilla
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east 20 min ago
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite