Fresno City headed to State Final Four
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Fresno City College Rams volleyball team is comprised of all local talent.
Tuesday night some of the best in the Central Valley went the distance against Sierra College with a trip to the state final four on the line.
FCC started off with a first set win, but then fell two sets to one quickly.
Then after a team meeting outside the gym, the Rams came back to win the fourth set 26-24.
And then they edged the Wolverines 15-13 to win in dramatic fashion.
FCC will now travel to Fullerton College where it will play in the state final four.
"We just talked about how they wanted to finish their season. Are they going to leave it all on the line? We knew we were 13 deep all year long. We prided ourselves on the depth of this team and how every player comes in here committed every day at practice and we needed all 13 of them tonight to pull it out." said head coach Tracy Ainger-Schulte.
"We just, we had to be selfless. The entire match and I think that 2nd and 3rd match we became individuals and then at the end we had to realize, alright we started together and we need to end this together." added Clovis East grad Mckenzie Buchanan.
sports, tommy tran
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos