Las Vegas Bowl: Fresno State Fans noticed
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Red Wave is making the Las Vegas Bowl officials fully aware of where it would like to travel for Fresno State's bowl game.
The overwhelming consensus is that Central Valley fans want to go to Las Vegas.
People have dominated the Las Vegas Bowl's Facebook page and Twitter account over the past two weeks. But some are wondering if their efforts are going unnoticed?
So Action News spoke with Dan Hanneke. He's the Executive Director and here's what he told me over the phone Thursday.
"Well we obviously pay attention to that. The Fresno State fans social media efforts have been tremendous. And it certainly turned a lot of people's heads. And so we do look at that. We know social media is very important. And it's been impressive to see. It's very tough to make a decision. You always want to do what's best for your game, for you city, for the teams themselves. So this one is a tough decision as they all are. But there's a process and the process is in place. And you know we're going to be waiting until some things play out this week and make our announcement Sunday." said Hanneke.
If the 'Dogs don't go to Vegas it'll be the Hawaii Bowl against SMU.
fresno state bulldogs, fresno state football, tim deruyter, las vegas, fresno, fresno county, sports, tommy tran
- Oregon teen accused of planning to attack school
- Tower District banding together to fight crime
- Keeping safe this Memorial Day weekend
- Motorcycle officer recovering after crash in NE Fresno
- Millerton Lake boating accident injures one person
- Senate District 16 could be headed to runoff
- Millions march against Monsanto in over 400 cities
- Man dies in Southwest Fresno shooting
- Group finds 'structurally deficient' bridges in Valley
- Stabbing victim well known in the Tower District
- Fire truck overturns in collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS
- Quick, long-term fixes in works for Washington bridge
- San Antonio flooding kills 1; 200-plus rescued