Fresno State heading to Hawaii for bowl game
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- We now know where the Fresno State Bulldogs are headed for their bowl game.
The MAACO Bowl Las Vegas had first choice for a Mountain West team and they picked Boise State to play Washington.
By default Fresno State has accepted a bid to play in the Sheraton Hawai'i Bowl on Christmas Eve.
Despite an overwhelming show of support from the Red Wave to play in Las Vegas, those same fans will now be faced with the decision of trading in poker chips for leis on Christmas Eve as the bulldogs will play Southern Methodist University of Conference USA in Christmas Eve.
Multiple college football experts have already proclaimed this match up as the least attractive of the Mountain West bids.
SMU is just 6-6. The Bulldogs meanwhile are 9-3 overall.
hawaii, fresno state bulldogs, fresno state football, sports, david bataller
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe