Fresno State heading to Hawaii for bowl game
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- We now know where the Fresno State Bulldogs are headed for their bowl game.
The MAACO Bowl Las Vegas had first choice for a Mountain West team and they picked Boise State to play Washington.
By default Fresno State has accepted a bid to play in the Sheraton Hawai'i Bowl on Christmas Eve.
Despite an overwhelming show of support from the Red Wave to play in Las Vegas, those same fans will now be faced with the decision of trading in poker chips for leis on Christmas Eve as the bulldogs will play Southern Methodist University of Conference USA in Christmas Eve.
Multiple college football experts have already proclaimed this match up as the least attractive of the Mountain West bids.
SMU is just 6-6. The Bulldogs meanwhile are 9-3 overall.
hawaii, fresno state bulldogs, fresno state football, sports, david bataller
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Vigil held for slain Parlier football coach
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Visalia man accused of sexual conduct with boy
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- States sue over California's egg laws
- Visalia school unveils new solar structures
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- 7 health apps you need to know about