Fresno State heading to Hawaii for bowl game
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- We now know where the Fresno State Bulldogs are headed for their bowl game.
The MAACO Bowl Las Vegas had first choice for a Mountain West team and they picked Boise State to play Washington.
By default Fresno State has accepted a bid to play in the Sheraton Hawai'i Bowl on Christmas Eve.
Despite an overwhelming show of support from the Red Wave to play in Las Vegas, those same fans will now be faced with the decision of trading in poker chips for leis on Christmas Eve as the bulldogs will play Southern Methodist University of Conference USA in Christmas Eve.
Multiple college football experts have already proclaimed this match up as the least attractive of the Mountain West bids.
SMU is just 6-6. The Bulldogs meanwhile are 9-3 overall.
hawaii, fresno state bulldogs, fresno state football, sports, david bataller
- 2 Men accused of firing 40 shots at law enforcement
- Bulldog gang members have gun battle with officer
- Fracking: Central Valley boom or nightmare?
- Growers watch hourly temps as cold snap approaches
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover 40 min ago
- Mexico: Stolen radioactive cobalt box found empty 39 min ago
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades 39 min ago
- A wish is coming true for a South Valley girl
- Fresno supervisors approve moving coroner to sheriff
- OTRC: Paul Walker autopsy results released
- BART train evacuated after brake problem
- Family blames company for flammable water
- Man tries to kill ex-girlfriend by setting fire to home
- Blue jean bandits hit Eye Candy Fashion Boutique