Fresno State heading to Hawaii for bowl game
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- We now know where the Fresno State Bulldogs are headed for their bowl game.
The MAACO Bowl Las Vegas had first choice for a Mountain West team and they picked Boise State to play Washington.
By default Fresno State has accepted a bid to play in the Sheraton Hawai'i Bowl on Christmas Eve.
Despite an overwhelming show of support from the Red Wave to play in Las Vegas, those same fans will now be faced with the decision of trading in poker chips for leis on Christmas Eve as the bulldogs will play Southern Methodist University of Conference USA in Christmas Eve.
Multiple college football experts have already proclaimed this match up as the least attractive of the Mountain West bids.
SMU is just 6-6. The Bulldogs meanwhile are 9-3 overall.
hawaii, fresno state bulldogs, fresno state football, sports, david bataller
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody 38 min ago
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting
- Arrest made in Pinedale arson fires
- Police: Released parole violator shot at officers
- Maldonado family sues Fresno over underground bike path
- No fatalities in I-5 bridge collapse in NW Wash
- 5.7 earthquake strikes northeast of Chico
- BBQ101 at Caruthers High School
- Parlier homicide victim identified as Francisco Esquivel-Lucio
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge
- Fresno Police looking for robbery suspect
- Bicyclist hit by big rig in Madera County
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos