Avenal's José Ramirez wins professional boxing debut
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The professional debut of Avenal native José Ramirez was a successful one, with Ramirez posting a first round knockout of Colorado's Corey Seigwarth.
Called the most decorated amateur boxer in U.S. history, with 145 wins, 11 national titles and six USA gold medals, Ramirez delivered a brutal body shot that rocked Seigwarth before unloading a barrage of shorts to the head.
BoxingInsider.com tweeted a picture of the ref stopping the fight at the MGM Grand Garden arena in Las Vegas. There has not been any announcement on when Ramirez will fight again.
sports, david bataller
- Helicopter crashes while warming citrus grove 13 min ago
- Freeze affects Valley's $1.5 billion citrus industry
- Fresno auto shops build next Wheels of Hope car
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno 1 min ago
- Derek Carr not on Heisman Trophy finalist list
- Surviving the mall's food court
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face US charges
- Selma High grad, Bobby Cox, elected to Hall of Fame
- 3 cars and FAX bus involved in crash
- Hanford man found dead inside a car in Armona
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Fresno man
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- Pilot in makes hard landing in Madera Co...
17 min ago
- Man nearly kills two in Central Fresno...
16 min ago