After Further Review: Hawai'i Bowl vs. SMU
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- After further review, the Fresno State Bulldogs went from hunters to being hunted at the Hawaii Bowl Monday.
And I'm talking about SMU's big number 92, Margus Hunt. The defensive tackle turned the bowl game into a personal opportunity to introduce himself to Bulldog quarterback Derek Carr over and over again.
Hunt forced two fumbles early, had the sack that turned into the SMU safety, and clearly disrupted Carr to the point that the usually pinpoint-accurate quarterback threw two pick-six interceptions in the second half.
Bulldogs Head Coach Tim DeRuyter admitted after the game that Fresno State's inability to protect Carr directly led to the loss.
fresno state bulldogs, fresno state football, sports, david bataller
- Crews search for Fresno man near Shaver Lake
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach over trash dispute
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to guns, gangs
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Almond crop expected to take a massive hit
- Honey oil explosion ends with felony arrest
- Enforcing water restrictions in Madera County and City
- Requests to carry concealed guns surges in Calif.
- Fresno State launches Good Samaritan Fund
- Teachers are in demand at VUSD
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- California seeks to dam 3 Delta channels