49ers Michael Crabtree investigated for alleged sexual assault
SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- San Francisco police are investigating an alleged sexual assault involving 49ers wide receiver Michael Crabtree.
Police say the incident occurred at a San Francisco hotel last Sunday.
Crabtree has been interviewed by police and has not been detained or arrested.
The 49ers are currently on their way to Atlanta to face the Falcons in the NFC Championship.
49ers General Manager Trent Baalke issued a statement late Friday evening saying, "We are aware of the allegation against Michael and understand that he has fully cooperated with authorities. The 49ers take such matters very seriously. We will have no further comment at this time as the legal process is ongoing. Additional requests for comment should be directed to Michael's attorney."
- Police block Mexico hospital, 6 may have radiation
- 2 arrested on sex trafficking charges
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- Fresno burglary suspect arrested in Central Fresno
- 3 arrested for mail theft in Madera
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Small Hmong farms losing crops to bitter cold
- US unemployment falls from 7.3 to 7 percent
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Closing arguments in murder trial against paralegal
- Candlelight Christmas Tractor Parade and Wine Stroll
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Fire Safety