49ers Michael Crabtree investigated for alleged sexual assault
SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- San Francisco police are investigating an alleged sexual assault involving 49ers wide receiver Michael Crabtree.
Police say the incident occurred at a San Francisco hotel last Sunday.
Crabtree has been interviewed by police and has not been detained or arrested.
The 49ers are currently on their way to Atlanta to face the Falcons in the NFC Championship.
49ers General Manager Trent Baalke issued a statement late Friday evening saying, "We are aware of the allegation against Michael and understand that he has fully cooperated with authorities. The 49ers take such matters very seriously. We will have no further comment at this time as the legal process is ongoing. Additional requests for comment should be directed to Michael's attorney."
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos