49ers Michael Crabtree investigated for alleged sexual assault
SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- San Francisco police are investigating an alleged sexual assault involving 49ers wide receiver Michael Crabtree.
Police say the incident occurred at a San Francisco hotel last Sunday.
Crabtree has been interviewed by police and has not been detained or arrested.
The 49ers are currently on their way to Atlanta to face the Falcons in the NFC Championship.
49ers General Manager Trent Baalke issued a statement late Friday evening saying, "We are aware of the allegation against Michael and understand that he has fully cooperated with authorities. The 49ers take such matters very seriously. We will have no further comment at this time as the legal process is ongoing. Additional requests for comment should be directed to Michael's attorney."
- Standoff ends peacefully in Central Fresno
- Teacher convicted of sex with student sentenced
- State senate special election approaching
- Fire breaks out at winery near Reedley
- Photos: Aftermath of deadly tornadoes
- Madera County fire nearly contained
- Asparagus demand goes up as supply shrinks
- California cherry harvest begins
- California sheep ranchers face high costs, competition
- Tower District crimes attacked head-on
- Valley Works: Educational partnership providing opportunities
- FPU hopes Wilson is answer for women's hoops
- Experts say warm spring means more bugs
- Valley gets cutting-edge way to treat skin blemishes