Bulldogs men fall to Nevada; women prevail
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Fresno State Men's basketball team battled Nevada at home Saturday night.
The Bulldogs fell short 68-61 at the Save Mart Center. Tyler Johnson led the team with 16 points. San Joaquin Memorial grad Robert Upshaw played 18 minutes and scored 4 points, 5 rebounds, 5 blocks. The Wolf Pack's dynamic guard tandem of Deonte Burton and Malik Story score 46 of Nevada's 68 points. They combined for 23-27 from the free throw line.
The loss puts Fresno State at 7-10 (1-3 MW) and Nevada improves to 10-7 (1-2 MW).
Meanwhile the Women's basketball team defeats Nevada 74-56 on the road. The Bulldogs have now won 2-of-3 Mountain West road games, as Fresno State improved to 11-6 overall and 3-1 in league play.
The win was the Bulldogs' 13th-straight over Nevada.
fresno state basketball, fresno state bulldogs, sports, tommy tran
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate 36 min ago
- Vigil held for slain Parlier football coach 3 min ago
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash 49 min ago
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Visalia school unveils new solar structures
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- States sue over California's egg laws
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- 7 health apps you need to know about
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- News conference on missing Malaysia jet
36 min ago
- Vigil held for slain Parlier football coach
23 min ago