Bulldogs men fall to Nevada; women prevail
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Fresno State Men's basketball team battled Nevada at home Saturday night.
The Bulldogs fell short 68-61 at the Save Mart Center. Tyler Johnson led the team with 16 points. San Joaquin Memorial grad Robert Upshaw played 18 minutes and scored 4 points, 5 rebounds, 5 blocks. The Wolf Pack's dynamic guard tandem of Deonte Burton and Malik Story score 46 of Nevada's 68 points. They combined for 23-27 from the free throw line.
The loss puts Fresno State at 7-10 (1-3 MW) and Nevada improves to 10-7 (1-2 MW).
Meanwhile the Women's basketball team defeats Nevada 74-56 on the road. The Bulldogs have now won 2-of-3 Mountain West road games, as Fresno State improved to 11-6 overall and 3-1 in league play.
The win was the Bulldogs' 13th-straight over Nevada.
fresno state basketball, fresno state bulldogs, sports, tommy tran
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream 47 min ago
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos