Mountain West announces 2 divisions; championship game
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Mountain West Conference announced Tuesday that it will hold a conference championship game in football starting in 2013. The schools athletic directors approved a two division format that will split the 12 teams.
Fresno State will be in the "West Division" with Hawaii, Nevada, San Diego State, San Jose State, UNLV.
The "Mountain Division" includes Boise State, Air Force, Colorado State, New Mexico, Wyoming , Utah State.
The conference says the highest ranked BCS division winner will host the conference championship game.
sports, tommy tran
- 3 boys missing in Dinuba
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- Libyan officials say US teacher killed in Benghazi
- US economy grows at 3.6 percent rate in 3rd quarter
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- US jobless claims drop to 316,000, as layoffs slow
- Video: Fresno's homeless search for shelter from...
- Serial college campus sex offender to be released soon
- Toys for Tots warehouse sits empty
- Tips to protect Fido from the freeze
- Freeze threatens unique tropical farm
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover