Jim Sweeney Celebration Set For Saturday
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Sweeney Family and Fresno State will honor the legendary coach at 1 p.m.
The Sweeney Family and Fresno State will honor legendary head coach Jim Sweeney on Saturday, Feb. 16 beginning at 1 p.m. at Bulldog Stadium.
The memorial service and celebration of his life will begin promptly at 1 p.m. inside Bulldog Stadium. Seating will be open on the West Side of the stadium, with a stage and podium placed on the home sideline of Jim Sweeney Field.
Saturday's event is open to the public and the White Lot will be open to park and tailgate, beginning at 10 a.m. Two entrances to the stadium will be open, one at the West Gate and one at the South Gate.
The Blue Lot will be held for reserved parking, so fans are encouraged to park in the White Lot. There will be golf cart shuttles in place to assist with entering the stadium.
Tentative schedule of events: Welcome From Fresno State: Thomas Boeh Opening Prayer: Brad Bell Opening remarks: Dr. Welty
Speakers: Tim DeRuyter Peg Sweeney Jan Stenerud Dennis Erickson Sam Jankovich Trent Dilfer Kevin Sweeney
Bulldog Spirit (Sang by former players)
Lord's Prayer Closing Thank You *Video memories will be played between speakers
fresno, fresno county, sports
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe