Ricky Manning Jr. is out as Edison High School head coach
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Ricky Manning Jr. is out at Edison High School after just one season as head coach of the Tigers.
The Fresno Unified School District said it did not renew Manning's contract which technically ended back in November.
Manning Jr. was seen recently with three of his standout players on National Signing Day last Wednesday night at the World Sports Café and not Edison high school.
The Fresno Police Department had investigated a criminal investigation surrounding Manning Jr. at Edison.
FUSD released a statement on January 22nd saying that police investigators found no criminal misconduct.
FUSD did explain today's decision, only saying that the head coaching position at Edison is vacant.
Stay with Action News as we continue to follow this story and bring you any updates as they become available
sports, tommy tran
- Bloody burglary suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- 3 protesters killed in attack on Ukrainian base
- Gunmen attack Iraq military base, kill 10 soldiers
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Teen kicked in head taking selfie in front...
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos