Ricky Manning Jr. is out as Edison High School head coach
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Ricky Manning Jr. is out at Edison High School after just one season as head coach of the Tigers.
The Fresno Unified School District said it did not renew Manning's contract which technically ended back in November.
Manning Jr. was seen recently with three of his standout players on National Signing Day last Wednesday night at the World Sports Café and not Edison high school.
The Fresno Police Department had investigated a criminal investigation surrounding Manning Jr. at Edison.
FUSD released a statement on January 22nd saying that police investigators found no criminal misconduct.
FUSD did explain today's decision, only saying that the head coaching position at Edison is vacant.
Stay with Action News as we continue to follow this story and bring you any updates as they become available
sports, tommy tran
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
- Inmate escapes from Merced County Jail
- 1 dead 1 injured in Merced C.O. shooting
- Valley thieves target truck tailgates
- Valley thieves steal packages from front doors
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos