'Dogs star Carr played hurt in 2012
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Action News has learned this spring that 'Dogs junior quarterback Derek Carr played with a Sports Hernia injury toward the end of the 2012 season.
The last thing people have remembered of Derek was the beating he took at the Hawaii Bowl Christmas Eve.
On that day SMU defensive end Margus Hunt unloaded on the superstar signal caller.
Derek didn't make any excuses that night and took most if not all of the blame for the bowl game blowout.
Carr is now recovering from off-season surgery and is currently rehabbing that back. We're told he'll take things extra easy, of course there's no rush getting him back and risking another injury.
#4 was among the best in the nation in passing and led the 'Dogs to a share of the Mountain West title last season.
"I feel a lot better than during the season. I can actually sneeze and cough and not have to fall to the ground, so that's a lot better. I can throw a football with no pain right now. So that's great. You know we're taking it slow. You don't want anything to flare up or anything like that. So we're taking it slow, but I feel great." said Carr.
sports, tommy tran
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball!
- Valley man kills intruder with samurai sword
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured 30 min ago
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles 17 min ago
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- San Jose Sharks fined $100,000 for GM's comments
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Sikh man who was beaten shares his story
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
- Car crashes into a parade injuring around 60 people
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos