'Dogs star Carr played hurt in 2012
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Action News has learned this spring that 'Dogs junior quarterback Derek Carr played with a Sports Hernia injury toward the end of the 2012 season.
The last thing people have remembered of Derek was the beating he took at the Hawaii Bowl Christmas Eve.
On that day SMU defensive end Margus Hunt unloaded on the superstar signal caller.
Derek didn't make any excuses that night and took most if not all of the blame for the bowl game blowout.
Carr is now recovering from off-season surgery and is currently rehabbing that back. We're told he'll take things extra easy, of course there's no rush getting him back and risking another injury.
#4 was among the best in the nation in passing and led the 'Dogs to a share of the Mountain West title last season.
"I feel a lot better than during the season. I can actually sneeze and cough and not have to fall to the ground, so that's a lot better. I can throw a football with no pain right now. So that's great. You know we're taking it slow. You don't want anything to flare up or anything like that. So we're taking it slow, but I feel great." said Carr.
sports, tommy tran
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai 27 min ago
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
26 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos