'Dogs star Carr played hurt in 2012
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Action News has learned this spring that 'Dogs junior quarterback Derek Carr played with a Sports Hernia injury toward the end of the 2012 season.
The last thing people have remembered of Derek was the beating he took at the Hawaii Bowl Christmas Eve.
On that day SMU defensive end Margus Hunt unloaded on the superstar signal caller.
Derek didn't make any excuses that night and took most if not all of the blame for the bowl game blowout.
Carr is now recovering from off-season surgery and is currently rehabbing that back. We're told he'll take things extra easy, of course there's no rush getting him back and risking another injury.
#4 was among the best in the nation in passing and led the 'Dogs to a share of the Mountain West title last season.
"I feel a lot better than during the season. I can actually sneeze and cough and not have to fall to the ground, so that's a lot better. I can throw a football with no pain right now. So that's great. You know we're taking it slow. You don't want anything to flare up or anything like that. So we're taking it slow, but I feel great." said Carr.
sports, tommy tran
- AMBER ALERT: Boy, 12, abducted in Long Beach 42 min ago
- Authorities investigate a shooting in Chowchilla 25 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery