Fresno Fuego tryouts find superb Valley talent
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Fresno Fuego soccer team held open tryouts this weekend for athletes willing to put their cleats to the test.
Men ages 16 and up were invited to the tryout in Clovis. Prospective players showed off their best moves for uego officials in hopes of earning one of 10 to 15 open positions on the team.
About 70 people came out Saturday, and about 40 of them were called back on Sunday for the final session.
Officials say cutting down to the best players gets harder every year.
Jeremy Schultz, General, Manager Of Fresno Fuego said, "It seems our open tryout depth gets better and better the talent level of players this year is better than it has been in the years past which great sign for the sport of soccer."
The Fresno Fuego soccer season starts in two months at Chuckchansi Park.
fresno, fresno county, sports
- Deputies shoot, kill suspect west of Fresno
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Captain of sunken SKorean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession 36 min ago
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Credit card skimming device found at gas station 54 min ago
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- California regulators propose coyote-killing ban 11 min ago
- More Latino than white students admitted to UC 19 min ago
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Easter Brunch recipe
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos