Fresno Fuego tryouts find superb Valley talent
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Fresno Fuego soccer team held open tryouts this weekend for athletes willing to put their cleats to the test.
Men ages 16 and up were invited to the tryout in Clovis. Prospective players showed off their best moves for uego officials in hopes of earning one of 10 to 15 open positions on the team.
About 70 people came out Saturday, and about 40 of them were called back on Sunday for the final session.
Officials say cutting down to the best players gets harder every year.
Jeremy Schultz, General, Manager Of Fresno Fuego said, "It seems our open tryout depth gets better and better the talent level of players this year is better than it has been in the years past which great sign for the sport of soccer."
The Fresno Fuego soccer season starts in two months at Chuckchansi Park.
fresno, fresno county, sports
- 2 Men accused of firing 40 shots at law enforcement
- Bulldog gang members have gun battle with officer
- Fracking: Central Valley boom or nightmare?
- Growers watch hourly temps as cold snap approaches
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover 44 min ago
- Mexico: Stolen radioactive cobalt box found empty 43 min ago
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades 43 min ago
- A wish is coming true for a South Valley girl
- Fresno supervisors approve moving coroner to sheriff
- OTRC: Paul Walker autopsy results released
- BART train evacuated after brake problem
- Family blames company for flammable water
- Man tries to kill ex-girlfriend by setting fire to home
- Blue jean bandits hit Eye Candy Fashion Boutique