Opening day looming for Valley minor league teams
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- We're getting our first look at the Visalia Rawhide this spring. The team is coming off a year in which it was named the 2012 organization of the year in the California League.
The guys took a team photo on media day as they prepare for opening day Thursday against the San Jose Giants.
This team as you might expect is extremely young. Visalia is the Single-A affiliate of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
The organization has drafted extremely well in the pitching department. Including last year's first round draft pick Archie Bradley out of Oklahoma.
Meanwhile in Fresno the Grizzlies are also preparing for opening day this Thursday. The team will host the Tacoma Rainiers at Chukchansi Park.
This year's team features a stellar outfield led by the Giants number four prospect Gary Brown. In fact their starting outfield is comprised of San Francisco's top ten up and coming players.
visalia rawhide, fresno grizzlies, sports, tommy tran
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream 28 min ago
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos