Visalia Rawhide has changes in store for spectators
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Baseball is back in the South Valley! And this year the Visalia Rawhide have some new changes in store for spectators.
The city recently installed two new light towers at Recreation Ballpark, where the Arizona Diamondbacks Single-A team will take the field on opening day Thursday.
It also built a new barbeque area where it will now serve up Visalia's own Glick's meat all weekend long. And starting this season, it will hold "Weenie Wednesday's" where fans can snack on dollar hot dogs. But for die hard baseball fans, the best feature of all is the intimate setting the stadium has to offer.
General Manager Jennifer Pendergraft said, "We do have the smallest ballpark in the country so there's not a bad seat in the house. If we we're to build a new ballpark - our first row of seats would be where our back row of seats are currently so you are closer to the action than any other ballpark."
First pitch of the seven game homestand is at 7 o'clock on Thursday.
visalia rawhide, sports, linda mumma
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Figure skating champ Boitano says he's gay 36 min ago
- New Mexico Supreme Court: Same-sex marriage legal
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Homicide investigated at Porterville Developmental Center
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Wood burning contributes to bad air quality in the Valley
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos