Sources: Tark headed to Basketball Hall of Fame
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Jerry Tarkanian is headed to the Basketball Hall of Fame according to multiple media outlets.
Best known for his huge success at University of Nevada Las Vegas (UNLV) and run-ins with the NCAA, Tarkanian retired from coaching at Fresno State in 2002 following seven seasons on the Bulldogs bench.
Tarkanian led UNLV to the national title in 1990, and also took the Runnin' Rebels to three other Final Fours.
The legendary coach is now 82 years old and lives in Las Vegas. The 2013 Hall of Fame inductees will officially be announced on Monday at the Final Four in Atlanta.
fresno state basketball, fresno state bulldogs, sports
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Local heroes honored for bravery in Fresno
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Uruguay legalizes sale, production of marijuana
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Lemoore Naval Air Station pilots return home
- Fatal Planada shooting alarmingly similar to another
- Sonic apologizes for racist sign
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide