Sources: Tark headed to Basketball Hall of Fame
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Jerry Tarkanian is headed to the Basketball Hall of Fame according to multiple media outlets.
Best known for his huge success at University of Nevada Las Vegas (UNLV) and run-ins with the NCAA, Tarkanian retired from coaching at Fresno State in 2002 following seven seasons on the Bulldogs bench.
Tarkanian led UNLV to the national title in 1990, and also took the Runnin' Rebels to three other Final Fours.
The legendary coach is now 82 years old and lives in Las Vegas. The 2013 Hall of Fame inductees will officially be announced on Monday at the Final Four in Atlanta.
fresno state basketball, fresno state bulldogs, sports
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos