Grizzlies Rebellion Falls Short on Star Wars Night
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Fresno Grizzlies could have used some of "The Force" at the plate Saturday night, on Star Wars Night against the Las Vegas 51s.
The Grizzlies wore Storm Trooper themed jerseys that were auctioned off after the game, and Grizzlies players were also photoshopped into different Star Wars characters.
Good times all around, except at the plate for either team. It turns out a third inning Kirk Nieuwenhuis home run is the game-winner for Las Vegas, as Zach Wheeler shuts down the Grizzlies tonight, 2-1. Both teams are back at Chukchansi Park Sunday afternoon for a 2:05 start.
fresno grizzlies, sports, david bataller
- Community bands together for Officer Jon Linzey 34 min ago
- High court upholds Delta Smelt protection
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- More than 400 guns were seized in SoCal
- Family headed to DC for father's Medal of Honor
- Valley Sikhs speak out on bullying report
- Police fight spike in Tower District crime
- Peach Blossom Festival growing each year
- Merced authorities see rise in honey oil explosions
- Musical mavericks make waves
- Pet Adoption of the Week: Lady Bug
- Fallout from Target's data breach
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno