Former Bulldog & NFL player gives back
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A former Bulldog and NFL player is giving back to the Central Valley.
Richard Marshall says he will make a generous donation to fund a fitness camp in Central Fresno.
For the next three years, he has committed to sponsoring the Healthy Lifestyle Fitness Camp by donating $25,000.00 each year.
The camp is offered to kids between the ages of ten and 14 years old, and aims at promoting weight loss, and embracing a healthier lifestyle.
Richard Marshall said, "We didn't have these types of programs, being able to come back and do a program like this is great for me."
"This is the kind of thing that motivates all of us to get up in the morning," added Bruce Rudd. "You are our future these community centers are our future."
The camp is held from June 24th through August second each year.
- Authorities probe murder outside Merced apartment
- Teenage boy shot and killed in Tulare
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting boy
- Amber Alert issued for 4 LA-area children
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Fresno State women win Mountain West title
- Car wash held to help family of murdered coach
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital
- Man arrested after Hanford drug and weapons bust
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Mendota PD seeks arsonist after patrol car torched
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Photos of David Brenner through the years