Jerry Tarkanian visits Fresno ahead of Hall of Fame induction
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Legendary college basketball coach Jerry Tarkanian was back in Fresno Saturday, for a tribute to his life and induction to the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame next month.
Family, friends and fans of the man affectionately known as 'Tark' gathered at the Elbow Room in Fig Garden Village, with proceeds of tickets to the event benefitting the Fresno State men's basketball program.
Despite an 11 day stay in the hospital last month, the 83-year-old Tarkanian is excited about his induction in to the Hall of Fame, set for September 8 in Springfield, Massachusetts.
Coach Tarkanian did not hesitate when asked about his favorite part of coaching.
"I enjoyed coaching the individuals and the players," Tarkanian said.
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced 53 min ago
- Fresno State to play USC Las Vegas Bowl
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- Low elevation snow catches some off guard
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Man wanted for shooting near Fresno ice rink arrested
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- Highway 41 closed near Tenaya Lodge
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall
- Photos: Winter Wonderland