Fresno State defeats Cal Poly 41-25
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Isaiah Burse had three touchdowns, two on punt returns, to lead Fresno State over Cal Poly 41-25 Saturday night.
Burse's touchdown returns of 61 and 58 yards came in the first half and tied a Fresno State (2-0) record set in 2005 by Clifton Smith.
David Carr, coming off a record-setting performance last week against Rutgers, threw three touchdowns, including one to Burse. Carr's third TD was to Davante Adams who now has caught a touchdown pass in 10 straight games, adding to his school and Mountain West records.
Carr also adds to the Bulldog record book with 71 career touchdown passes, becoming the third Bulldog to surpass 70.
Chris Brown led the Mustangs (1-1) with three touchdowns. He connected with Willie Tucker for a 7-yard touchdown, and then rushed for two more fourth quarter.
The Bulldogs are in Colorado next Saturday, with an 11:00 a.m. Pacific kickoff.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
fresno, fresno state bulldogs, fresno state football, sports
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached 40 min ago
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Homicide investigated at Porterville Developmental Center
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Wood burning contributes to bad air quality in the Valley
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos