Fresno State beats Idaho 61-14
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Derek Carr threw for 419 yards and five touchdowns, leading Fresno State to a 61-14 blowout over Idaho on the road.
The Bulldogs improve to 5-0 overall, and stay 2-0 in Mountain West play. Fresno State now has a bye week, and will host UNLV 10/19 for homecoming.
Derek Carr threw five touchdown passes as No. 23 Fresno State pounded Idaho 61-14 on Saturday, scoring at least 40 points for the fifth time this season.
Davante Adams caught three touchdown passes for Fresno State (5-0), which is off to its best start since 2001, when the Bulldogs won their first six games.
Idaho (1-5), coming off a win over Temple in coach Paul Petrino's first season, didn't score until the fourth quarter against the first ranked opponent to play in the Kibbie Dome since Boise State in 2010.
Fresno State, playing its final nonconference game, scored touchdowns on its first five possessions and never was threatened. It was the best defensive performance of the season for a team that has been surrendering 38 points per game.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
fresno state, fresno state football, fresno state bulldogs, sports
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway 47 min ago
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- American teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- US economy grows at 3.6 percent rate in 3rd quarter
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- US jobless claims drop to 316,000, as layoffs slow
- Video: Fresno's homeless search for shelter from...