Fresno State beats Idaho 61-14
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Derek Carr threw for 419 yards and five touchdowns, leading Fresno State to a 61-14 blowout over Idaho on the road.
The Bulldogs improve to 5-0 overall, and stay 2-0 in Mountain West play. Fresno State now has a bye week, and will host UNLV 10/19 for homecoming.
Derek Carr threw five touchdown passes as No. 23 Fresno State pounded Idaho 61-14 on Saturday, scoring at least 40 points for the fifth time this season.
Davante Adams caught three touchdown passes for Fresno State (5-0), which is off to its best start since 2001, when the Bulldogs won their first six games.
Idaho (1-5), coming off a win over Temple in coach Paul Petrino's first season, didn't score until the fourth quarter against the first ranked opponent to play in the Kibbie Dome since Boise State in 2010.
Fresno State, playing its final nonconference game, scored touchdowns on its first five possessions and never was threatened. It was the best defensive performance of the season for a team that has been surrendering 38 points per game.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
fresno state, fresno state football, fresno state bulldogs, sports
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals