Jose Ramirez to participate in "Fight for Water" boxing event
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Former Olympian Jose Ramirez will return to the Valley and will participate in the "Fight for Water" boxing event.
There are at least four local fighters in addition to Ramirez who's from Avenal. The fights will take place November 9th at Golden Eagle Arena on the campus of West Hills Community College.
Promoter and Manager Rick Mirigian says the event is about 50 tickets from being sold out as of Thursday 10/17.
Ramirez is 6-0 in his pro career and participated in the London Summer Olympics in 2012 for Team USA. He's also a member of the Latino Water Coalition, a group fighting for more water on the Valley's West Side.
sports, tommy tran
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital 18 min ago
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised 5 min ago
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water use 26 min ago
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos