Jose Ramirez to participate in "Fight for Water" boxing event
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Former Olympian Jose Ramirez will return to the Valley and will participate in the "Fight for Water" boxing event.
There are at least four local fighters in addition to Ramirez who's from Avenal. The fights will take place November 9th at Golden Eagle Arena on the campus of West Hills Community College.
Promoter and Manager Rick Mirigian says the event is about 50 tickets from being sold out as of Thursday 10/17.
Ramirez is 6-0 in his pro career and participated in the London Summer Olympics in 2012 for Team USA. He's also a member of the Latino Water Coalition, a group fighting for more water on the Valley's West Side.
sports, tommy tran
- Large explosion, building collapse reported in Harlem 1 min ago
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence