Carr leads No. 16 Fresno St. past Nevada 41-23
FRESNO, Calif. -- Derek Carr threw for 487 yards to break the Fresno State career passing record and lead the 16th-ranked Bulldogs to eight straight wins to open the season for the first time since 1989 with a 41-23 victory over Nevada on Saturday night.
Carr threw three touchdown passes and ran for another to lead the way for the Bulldogs (8-0, 5-0 Mountain West).
Josh Harper had 17 catches for 254 yards and two touchdowns and Josh Quezada ran for 115 yards to move Fresno State to 8-0 for the fifth time in school history and keep the Bulldogs in the running to make a BCS bowl game for the first time ever.
Kendall Brock scored on a 43-yard run on the opening possession for the Wolf Pack (3-6, 2-4), who have lost four straight games in a season for the first time since 2001. Cody Fajardo threw for 202 yards and two touchdowns.
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno 3 min ago
- Crews search for Fresno man near Shaver Lake
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- Photos: Incredible images from Colorado car chase
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Almond crop expected to take a massive hit
- Honey oil explosion ends with felony arrest
- Enforcing water restrictions in Madera County and City
- Requests to carry concealed guns surges in Calif.
- Fresno State launches Good Samaritan Fund
- Teachers are in demand at VUSD
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- Accuweather Forecast
45 min ago
- Police are investigating a deadly shooting...
13 min ago