Fresno Hosts Japanese Professional Baseball League Showcase
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Day one of the Japanese Professional Baseball League Showcase was held Saturday afternoon at Chukchansi Park.
And handfuls of former local stars were on hand to show off their abilities in front of Japanese scouts, as well as scouts from the Detroit Tigers and Boston Red Sox. Around 72 players were on the invitation only list, most with college experience, and some who have played professionally.
The top players from Saturday's showcase will be back at Chukchansi Park Sunday afternoon for a scrimmage so the scouts can see them in game situations.
fresno, fresno downtown, detroit tigers, boston red sox, sports
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos