Hunger Games movie give archery a big boost
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The latest Hunger Games movie is giving one sport a big boost.
Archery ranges are seeing a surge in business thanks to the movie "Catching Fire."
The film features a female heroine named Katniss who's an expert archer.
Impact Archery in Clovis reports a lot of young people, especially girls are coming in after seeing the movie.
Paul Nichols explained, "We have seen a lot of business pick up especially a lot of people that went out to see the movie Friday night have come in to shoot more."
Savannah Fitzgerald added, "Yeah, definitely, I feel like a lot of kids picked up archery because of the influence of the movies and how big of an influence like Katniss is."
The archery shop says the first Hunger Games movie also generated a lot of interest as well. But most of those who use the archery range on a regular basis are hunters and competitors.
sports, gene haagenson
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Vigil held for slain Parlier football coach
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Visalia man accused of sexual conduct with boy
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- States sue over California's egg laws
- Visalia school unveils new solar structures
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- 7 health apps you need to know about