NC State guard Brown to have surgery on knee
North Carolina State says guard Lorenzo Brown will have surgery on his right knee Tuesday.RALEIGH, N.C. -- North Carolina State says guard Lorenzo Brown will have surgery on his right knee Tuesday.
School officials said Sunday that Brown will have the exploratory procedure to determine why he is having discomfort in the knee.
The school does not have a timetable for his return and says it will provide an update following the surgery.
Brown enters his junior season as one of the key players for the resurgent Wolfpack after helping them reach the round of 16 in the NCAA tournament in March.
He averaged 12.7 points, 4.5 rebounds and 6.3 assists in his first full season at point guard while leading the Atlantic Coast Conference with 1.8 steals per game.
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini, 51, dies
- Brian Calhoun pleads not guilty in student attack
- Fresno City Manager Mark Scott resigns
- Panel restores some pay for California lawmakers, governor
- Natura recalls pet food after salmonella test
- Valley kids get a new perspective on water
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Porterville to vote on gay pride proclamation
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos