Georgia Tech guard Heyward suffers ACL tear
Georgia Tech coach Brian Gregory says guard Corey Heyward is expected to miss the 2012-13 season after tearing a ligament in his left knee in a pickup game.ATLANTA -- Georgia Tech coach Brian Gregory says guard Corey Heyward is expected to miss the 2012-13 season after tearing a ligament in his left knee in a pickup game.
Heyward, a former standout at Peachtree Ridge High School in the Atlanta area, signed with Georgia Tech after spending one year at Hargrave Military Academy in Virginia.
Gregory on Monday said Heyward tore his left anterior cruciate ligament on Thursday and will have surgery in the next two weeks. The recovery period usually takes up to a year.
Heyward enrolled at Georgia Tech for summer semester.
Gregory says Heyward's injury is "a temporary setback."
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge
- Fresno Police looking for robbery suspect
- Bicyclist hit by big rig in Madera County
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Man allegedly downloads child porn at McDonald's
- Obama defends drone strikes but says no cure-all
- Crisis Map of Moore, Oklahoma Tornado Damage
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Yellow Jacket iPhone stun gun case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos