Hall of Fame tourney to feature UNC, Louisville
North Carolina and Louisville have agreed to play in the 2013 Hall of Fame Tip-Off tournament.UNCASVILLE, Conn. -- North Carolina and Louisville have agreed to play in the 2013 Hall of Fame Tip-Off tournament.
The tournament is put on by the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame and has been played for the past two seasons at the Mohegan Sun arena in Connecticut, where it has failed to generate large crowds.
The Hall of Fame said Monday that next year's field also will include two teams from Connecticut -- Fairfield University and the University of Hartford -- which could help ticket sales.
The tournament also will include Richmond, Holy Cross, Hofstra, and Belmont.
No. 3 Ohio State beat Washington Sunday in the championship game of the season's tournament. The 2011 tournament was won by eventual national-champion Kentucky.
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week 44 min ago
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos