Hall of Fame tourney to feature UNC, Louisville
North Carolina and Louisville have agreed to play in the 2013 Hall of Fame Tip-Off tournament.UNCASVILLE, Conn. -- North Carolina and Louisville have agreed to play in the 2013 Hall of Fame Tip-Off tournament.
The tournament is put on by the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame and has been played for the past two seasons at the Mohegan Sun arena in Connecticut, where it has failed to generate large crowds.
The Hall of Fame said Monday that next year's field also will include two teams from Connecticut -- Fairfield University and the University of Hartford -- which could help ticket sales.
The tournament also will include Richmond, Holy Cross, Hofstra, and Belmont.
No. 3 Ohio State beat Washington Sunday in the championship game of the season's tournament. The 2011 tournament was won by eventual national-champion Kentucky.
- How to make Christmas cookies and cocktails
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Son sought in beating of parents in Fresno
- Silent Sleigh and Mandela Controversy
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations
- US unemployment aid applications surge to 368,000
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos