Indiana reinstates freshman forward Hollowell
No. 5 Indiana will have freshman forward Jeremy Hollowell back Monday night at Iowa.INDIANAPOLIS -- No. 5 Indiana will have freshman forward Jeremy Hollowell back Monday night at Iowa.
Athletic director Fred Glass issued a statement Sunday saying the NCAA has cleared Hollowell of any potential infractions. On Friday, Glass said Hollowell and his family notified the school of a potential "compliance issue." Glass says those details will be released later.
Glass thanked the NCAA for making a quick ruling and accepting Indiana's self-reported secondary violation, which led to the immediate reinstatement of Hollowell.
Indiana can use another body after losing sophomore forward Austin Etherington for the season with a fractured left kneecap. Backup guard Maurice Creek also is out indefinitely with a right foot injury.
Hollowell is averaging 5.7 points and 3.0 rebounds for Indiana (12-1).
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos