Miami center Johnson out 6-8 weeks for thumb
Miami Hurricanes senior center Reggie Johnson will miss much of the Atlantic Coast Conference season with a broken left thumb.CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Miami Hurricanes senior center Reggie Johnson will miss much of the Atlantic Coast Conference season with a broken left thumb.
Coach Jim Larranaga says Johnson is expected to be sidelined six to eight weeks.
A starter since his sophomore season, Johnson already has missed four games. He has played in seven games and is averaging 12.6 points and 10.1 rebounds.
The Hurricanes (8-3) host LaSalle on Wednesday and open ACC play Saturday at Georgia Tech.
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works?
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Drought intensifying pest problems on farms
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos